|By Business Wire||
|March 18, 2009 09:15 AM EDT||
Zmanda™, the leader in open source backup and recovery software, today announced that it has teamed with Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) to provide backup and recovery services for the Sun Cloud, Sun's open and flexible, public cloud service.
Sun announced today that the Sun Cloud Storage Service and Sun Cloud Compute Service will be at the core of the Sun Cloud, which will leverage the benefits of open source and cloud computing to speed the delivery of applications while reducing risk and providing the ability to scale to meet fluctuating computing and storage demand. This closely aligns with Zmanda’s core strengths and principals, as it will provide open source backup and recovery to protect applications running on the Sun Cloud Compute Service, as well as leverage the Sun Cloud Storage Service as a repository for storing backup data.
Increasing numbers of IT managers are realizing the many benefits of cloud computing. According to a 2008 IDC survey of IT professionals, and as reported in Information Week, it is expected that by 2012 cloud computing will represent 25 percent of the net new growth of IT spending as compared with spending for on-site equipment.
“Zmanda’s support for the Sun Cloud underscores our strong belief that cloud computing will prove to be of tremendous value – both strategically and monetarily - to enterprise customers,” said Chander Kant, chief executive officer, Zmanda. “Organizations that invest in development and implementation of a cloud strategy will realize staggering economies of scale. The partnership announced today will ensure that Sun’s customers will have immediate access to the best open source backup and recovery solution available.”
“With the Sun Cloud, we're in a unique position to bring openness, interoperability and innovation to the cloud market,” said Juan Carlos Soto, vice president of marketing, Cloud Computing, Sun Microsystems. “Sun and Zmanda are collaborating so that our joint customers can reap the benefits of our shared vision: open APIs, open formats and open source for the cloud. We're working to ensure that Zmanda's products will fully support the Sun Cloud giving customers and developers choice and confidence that their data is easily and securely backed up to the cloud.”
Zmanda’s products, Amanda Enterprise (AE) and Zmanda Cloud Backup (ZCB), will provide customers with backup and recovery solutions for the Sun Cloud that combine fast installation, simplified management, enterprise-class functionality and the benefit of using open formats to ensure that customers are not locked into a vendor to recover archived data.
For the latest information on Zmanda's cloud backup innovations, please visit Zmanda’s blog at www.zmanda.com/blogs/
Zmanda, based in Sunnyvale, California, is the global leader in open source enterprise backup and recovery. The company’s products — Amanda Enterprise, Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL, and Zmanda Cloud Backup (ZCB) — make it simple and affordable to backup and recover data in an increasingly complex and heterogeneous IT environment. Amanda Enterprise is an enterprise-grade, network backup solution based on Amanda, the world’s most popular open source backup and recovery software with more than half a million active installations worldwide. ZRM for MySQL is the first mission-critical backup solution designed specifically for MySQL databases. ZCB is the first Windows backup solution to backup both files and live applications to the storage clouds. Businesses in more than 40 countries trust Zmanda to protect their corporate data. For more information about Zmanda, please contact email@example.com or go to http://www.zmanda.com/.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone