|By Business Wire||
|March 21, 2017 12:00 AM EDT|
In commemoration of Pocky day on November 11, Japanese food manufacturer
Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (Osaka, Japan) launched the “Pocky day SMILE
COUNTER campaign” on last November, calling participants to
collect smiles. The campaign was activated in Japan, China, Taiwan,
Indonesia, and Malaysia where Pocky, one of the most popular Japanese
chocolate biscuits celebrating its 50th anniversary, is
Today, Glico has announced the number of total smiles collected through the campaign. SMILE COUNTER has collected 447651 smiles!
With the brand message of “Share happiness!” Pocky encourages people to share happiness and yumminess with their family and friends. Pocky day 2016 was Pocky’s first attempt to bring that brand message outside of Japan. “Pocky day SMILE COUNTER” was created not just to collect smiles but to get the world to understand how simple and fun it is to share happiness!
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170320005084/en/
SMILE COUNTER campaign (Graphic: Business Wire)
The official website for “Pocky day SMILE COUNTER campaign” had a
“SMILE COUNTER” which counts the total number of smile photos in real
time on the participant’s Facebook (in China Weibo) collected over the
course of the campaign.
There were events to enjoy SMILE COUNTER and to celebrate the first global Pocky day in several countries which attracted many people.
Pocky’s first step to introduce Pocky day to the world was successful. The brand will continue its effort to engage with the people around the world with the universal concept of Share happiness!
November 11th is Pocky and Pretz day in Japan
Ezaki Glico celebrated November 11 as “Pocky and Pretz day in Japan which has been certified by the Japan Anniversary Association. Pocky is a signature stick-shaped chocolate biscuit. Because its shape resembles the number “1,” Pocky and Pretz day started on November 11, Heisei 11 (Japanese era name 1999), on an auspicious day when the number “1” aligned 6 times. The campaign is held every year during the autumn outing season to express gratitude to our customers.
Pocky - also known as Mikado in Europe – was developed when the idea was suggested of coating the already popular Pretz pretzel-like stick snack treat with chocolate. At first, the sticks were manually dipped leaving an uncoated portion at one end so that they could be held without having to worry about the fingertips becoming soiled. As demand increased, however, manual processing could no longer keep up. As a result, the innovation and creativity of engineers was fired up to develop a "Glico-Original" manufacturing plant.
Pocky in the World - 500 Million boxes in 30 Countries!
Glico is expanding its business rapidly in the world, especially in the ASEAN regions. Pocky is the forerunner and the core of this growth. With 500 million boxes sold in about 30 countries, Pocky is now becoming a brand loved by the world.
About Ezaki Glico
Ever since the launch in 1922 of the nutritious, fortified Glico caramel in its distinctive red box, the business activities of Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. adhered to the corporate philosophy of "Enhancing Public Health Through Food." Upon the 70th anniversary of the Glico Group in 1992, this same spirit and dedication was incorporated into the revised corporate philosophy of "A Wholesome Life in the Best of Taste."
Glico caramel – the company's first product – incorporates the innovative creativeness of Mr. Ri-ichi Ezaki, the company's founder. Ever since the beginning, the entire staff has likewise been heartily dedicated to further enhancing people's health and quality of life. This has led to the expansion of business lines beyond confectionery to include ice cream products, processed foods, desserts, milk products, baby formula, food ingredients, and raw materials for cosmetic and health products.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone