|By Business Wire||
|February 17, 2017 12:27 PM EST|
Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW) and the Cherry Creek Arts Festival are joining forces for the fifth straight year on the Arrow Five Years Out Art Challenge, an international art contest celebrating innovation and artistic expression held July 1 to July 3 in Denver’s Cherry Creek area.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170217005595/en/
Toby Fraley's "The Archivist"—winner of the 2016 Cherry Creek Arts Festival's Five Years Out Arrow Art Challenge, a national contest that inspires artists to take the concept of innovation and express what Arrow's Five Years Out brand promise looks like in an artistic medium. (Photo: Business Wire)
Professional artists from around the world are invited to explore the notion of innovation and express it through their chosen medium. The application deadline is March 10, with artwork due on June 2.
Arrow will award seven finalists with $5,000 commissions to create their artwork and display it at the 2017 Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver. One winner will also receive the $10,000 Innovation Award and a jury-exempt invitation to exhibit at the 2018 Cherry Creek Arts Festival. The seven pieces of art will become part of Arrow’s permanent artwork collection and potentially displayed in one of Arrow’s 465 locations around the world.
“This unique challenge encourages artists to explore that tangible place between where what’s possible meets what’s practical—or, what we at Arrow call Five Years Out,” said Joe Verrengia, Arrow’s global director of corporate social responsibility. “Five Years Out is a way of thinking reserved for a special group of people who guide innovation forward: engineers, inventors, makers and artists. We look forward to seeing this year’s innovative expressions of Five Years Out and adding to our collection of artwork, which inspires Arrow employees and customers at locations around the world every day.”
To learn more or to apply to the Arrow Five Years Out Art Challenge, please visit http://cherrycreekartsfestival.org/arrow-five-years-out-art-challenge/.
To view samples of winning artwork from the 2016 competition, please visit community.arrow.com/arts/.
About Arrow Electronics
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 125,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations serving over 90 countries. Learn more at fiveyearsout.com.
About the Cherry Creek Arts Festival
The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is a three-day, world-class and award-winning celebration of the visual, culinary, and performing arts and enjoys an annual attendance of 350,000 visitors. Special exhibits, art and culinary demonstrations, and interactive family activities on Activity Avenue complement the Festival experience. Since 1991, the CherryArts 501(c)(3) nonprofit mission provides access to arts experiences and supports art education via the Cherry Creek Arts Festival and statewide education programs. For more information, please visit www.CherryArts.org.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone