|By Business Wire||
|February 17, 2017 11:30 AM EST|
At the HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Florida, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. will unveil the latest innovations and solutions that leverage digital health technologies to improve patient care. Between February 20th and 22nd at booth #3673, Samsung and its partners will demonstrate the latest in-home, in-hospital and in-health solutions that enhance the patient experience, improve clinical outcomes and increase workflow efficiencies for healthcare professionals.
As hospitals, doctors and patients increasingly turn to digital solutions to meet their growing healthcare needs, Samsung is leveraging its robust enterprise ecosystem – including IoT, sensors, intuitive mobile devices and more, to meet the needs of hospital clinicians, homecare providers, family caretakers and patients.
“Right now, the healthcare industry faces profound challenges, and there is a pressing need to identify solutions and approaches that will curb the rising cost of healthcare, increase access to care, and improve the quality of care and patient experience,” says Dr. David Rhew, Samsung’s chief medical officer and head of healthcare and fitness. “Through leading research, proven best practices and the latest digital health offerings, we are working with world-class partners to make a real difference in improving the lives of patients and making care more efficient.”
Samsung is collaborating with leading healthcare companies to deliver innovative solutions that will be on display at HIMSS. The solutions featured in the booth will include:
- TigerText: Enables comprehensive clinical communication between care teams through real-time messaging and role-based communication, leveraging Samsung’s Galaxy mobile ecosystem. “Available on Samsung mobile devices, our innovative TigerText platform connects clinical care teams through real-time messaging and alerts, leading to greater collaboration, improved productivity, and higher patient satisfaction. Brand new features like dynamic calendaring and role-based communication are being implemented to meet the needs of clinicians as they increasingly rely on our mobile-based solution,” said Brad Brooks, chief executive officer, TigerText.
- ReadyDock: Double Disinfect: A tablet docking solution, secured through Samsung’s defense-grade software solution Knox, ensures patient data is completely wiped from mobile devices after every use. Along with UV disinfection, ReadyDock drastically reduces the time required for nurses and IT staff to turn over devices in the hospital. “Between safeguarding a patient’s medical history and improving their health outcomes, hospitals have unique data security and information management needs. Our solution assures patients and providers alike that mobile devices in the hospital are properly disinfected between uses and that sensitive personal data is secure,” said David Engelhardt, president and founder, ReadyDock.
- Hypersign: Digital Signage Solutions at Bon Seacours: Digital signage solutions are revolutionizing wayfinding in hospitals, which often can feel like a maze of hallways and elevator banks that make the experience of seeing a doctor or visiting a loved one more stressful than it needs to be. Bon Secours St. Francis Health System recently deployed Samsung and Hypersign’s state of the art displays. “Since deploying Samsung digital displays throughout our facility, we’ve drastically improved the in-hospital experience for patients and their families, while removing many germ prone “high-touch surfaces”, like table-tent fliers and brochures. With this new system we can disseminate information much more effectively, recently doubling participation in our blood drive. These investments will enable us to continue to offer one of the best patient experiences in the communities we serve,” said Janice Peele, communications coordinator, Bon Secours St. Francis.
Also on display in the Samsung booth will be Gear VR, Samsung’s industry leading virtual reality headset. Virtual reality delivers immersive, multi-sensory experiences that have the potential to benefit diverse sets of patients in various healthcare settings. VR technology is already being used today to provide a drug-free, calming experience that can reduce pain, alleviate anxiety and ease stress.
Medtronic’s MiniMed Connect application provides diabetes patients with discreet, real-time access to continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) data through an easy to use smartphone application, whitelisted for select Samsung devices, including the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S7 and S7 Edge. MiniMed Connect also allows real-time access to CGM data via text message or any internet-connected mobile device or PC, enabling loved-ones or care partners to more effectively monitor patients.
For more information on Samsung’s Healthcare products and solutions, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/business/by-industry/healthcare.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of ground-breaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more about Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com. For the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow us @SamsungNewsUS.
- Asia-Pacific Cloud Computing Services Market Analysis 2015-2022 - Research and Markets
- IoT Tech Expo: explorez l'IoT, la Blockchain et l'IA à Berlin en juin prochain au cours de l'événement européen phare pour l'IoT
- Vendor Comparison in Analytics of Things 2017 - Research and Markets
- World Nanosensor Market - Opportunities and Forecasts to 2022 - Key Players are Dow Corning, Samsung, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Applied Nanotech, IBM, Motorola & Agilent - Research and Markets
- Cree Delivers Smart Building Solutions and Transforms Data into Insights with SmartCast Intelligence Platform
- PLDA Launches PLDA Design Day Event In Shanghai, China, a First-of-Its-Kind Event, 100% Focused on PCIe 4.0 Design
- Merkle Releases its Q1 2017 Digital Marketing Report
- Consortium of Northeast Utilities Selects ICF for $20 Million Contract
- Mindbreeze geplaatst in het quadrant Challengers van het Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines 2017
- Global Nanoparticle Tracking Analyzer Market to Grow at a CAGR of 9.44%, 2017-2021 with Agilent Technologies, Bruker, Horiba & Malvern Instruments Dominating - Research and Markets
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- Veeva renforce son partenariat avec Salesforce, et annonce une nouvelle intégration produit
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Armor Partners with BraveSoft to Offer Cloud Security and Compliance Solutions Supported by a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Asia-Pacific Cloud Computing Services Market Analysis 2015-2022 - Research and Markets
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone