|By Business Wire||
|February 17, 2017 11:00 AM EST|
The Health division of Wolters Kluwer, a leading global provider of information and point of care solutions for the healthcare industry, announced today that its roster of EndoWorks conversions to ProVation MD® for Gastroenterology (GI) continues to grow exponentially in advance of Olympus’ departure from the endowriter market. Among the 175 healthcare organizations that moved from EndoWorks to Wolters Kluwer’s gastroenterology structured reporting software in 2016 was Tampa General Hospital, whose 25 GI physicians are benefitting from streamlined documentation and accelerated workflows.
More than 260 healthcare organizations have transitioned to ProVation MD for GI—including successful migration of nearly 1 million historical procedure notes—since being named by Olympus as a preferred replacement for its endowriter software. That designation makes Wolters Kluwer one of just two vendors able to license an Olympus-developed export utility to seamlessly migrate data from EndoWorks to ProVation MD, which played an important role in Tampa General’s decision.
A 1,011-bed private not-for-profit hospital, Tampa General is one of the largest hospitals in Florida and serves a population of more than 4 million. It is the primary teaching affiliate of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine. Approximately 8,000 procedures are performed at its GI facility every year.
“That recommendation from Olympus swayed us toward ProVation, as did the recommendation from several of our doctors who used it at another outpatient facility who said it was easy to use and manage. We also took a hard look at other vendors and found that ProVation was the market leader, especially for GI reporting and image capture,” said Tampa General Systems Analyst AJ Venezia. “ProVation provides us with everything we wanted, ease of use, ease of structured reporting, and content that is highly reportable.”
He added, “The field engineer that came on site was extremely helpful and followed up after he left to make sure our hardware was working, and the trainers who came on site during go-live worked side-by-side with our physicians and made everyone feel very comfortable with ProVation MD.”
ProVation MD will be featured among Wolters Kluwer’s point of care solutions in Booth #1543 at the 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition, taking place February 20-22 in Orlando, Fla. It is the only dedicated structured reporting and coding solution that provides clinically relevant, intuitive software for more accurate and complete documentation of procedures. It allows physicians to efficiently capture robust detail from even the most complex procedures, then automatically generates clear, complete procedure notes and appropriate reimbursement codes, quickly, easily and without dictation. By automatically applying the reimbursement codes and disseminating critical procedural information, ProVation MD ensures appropriate payment, reduces costs and streamlines quality reporting while improving clinical communication and care coordination.
ProVation MD offers more precise reporting, which for Tampa General translates into the capture of a greater number of billable codes. Further, because the software can be customized to suit physicians’ specific needs, documentation and patient through-put are accelerated.
“Anytime you can make a doctor’s workflow faster, they will appreciate it,” said Venezia, adding that the hospital will also be leveraging the export utility to migrate about 47,000 records representing seven years’ worth of data from EndoWorks to ProVation MD. “That is important because it will give our physicians access to historical data, which lets them see things like the number of procedures that were done at certain times of the year. That is critical for our Fellows because it’s part of their credentialing process.”
“Access to the export utility is key to a comprehensive and disruption-free transition to ProVation MD that accelerates clinician adoption by speeding access to truly advanced procedure documentation,” said David A. Del Toro, President & CEO of Clinical Software Solutions at Wolters Kluwer. “Those benefits, combined with our 20-year commitment to improving procedure documentation for better clinical outcomes and accelerated ROI, world-class customer service and superior end user training, are why Tampa General Hospital and many other EndoWorks customers have turned to ProVation MD.”
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2015 annual revenues of €4.2 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of information and point of care solutions for the healthcare industry. For more information about our products and organization, visit http://www.wolterskluwer.com/, follow @WKHealth or @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, or follow WoltersKluwerComms on YouTube.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone