|By Business Wire||
|February 17, 2017 09:31 AM EST|
Specialty-specific health information technology company, Modernizing Medicine, Inc., is pleased to announce that four members of the company’s product management team have been invited to join the TECHQuality Mentorship Program by Health 2.0. Due to their proven commitment to support women in technology, encourage innovation and facilitate growth in health technology, Mandy Long, vice president of product management, Danielle MacLean, director of product management, Ida Mantashi, senior product manager and Alice Rose, product manager, have been selected as program mentors.
The mission of the TECHquality Mentorship Program is to bridge the diversity-gap in health technology through structured guidance and support for individuals from understated groups in the industry. Each of the 80 mentors will partner with a mentee based on the individual’s area of interest in health technology. For four months beginning on January 26, 2017, the pair will meet monthly to advance the mentee’s personal and professional skill sets and goals, and receive supportive guidance and insight into the health tech industry.
Senior Product Manager, Ida Mantashi, who was recently appointed as the Chair of the Electronic Health Record Association's (EHRA) Quality Measurement Workgroup, said that she looks forward to taking on a mentor role, given her own personal experience as an underrepresented minority: “As an Iranian-American female working in the health tech industry, I can certainly understand challenges that are faced on a daily basis. I want to encourage anyone who may be faced with any such challenge to continue to pursue a career they are passionate about and reinforce they have a bright future ahead.”
This program aligns directly with Modernizing Medicine Women in Innovation and Technology (MMwit), Modernizing Medicine Women in Innovation and Technology (MMwit), a grassroots community of men and women at Modernizing Medicine with a mission to develop and enable women to lead and innovate. All four of the new TECHquality mentors from Modernizing Medicine play active roles within the MMwit community, including leading the book club, supporting community outreach activities such as teaching girls to code, mentoring other MMwit members and participating in seminars, workshops and events to empower women across the healthcare IT industry.
Mandy Long, vice president of product management and Chair of the EHRA Clinician Experience Workgroup, stated: “While I am particularly passionate about helping to accelerate female leaders in the health IT industry, I welcome the opportunity to mentor anyone who is looking to make their mark and improve healthcare. I am humbled to be selected and look forward to mentoring other young female professionals who may be struggling with work/life balance, gender discrimination or juggling motherhood and their professional careers.”
Modernizing Medicine representatives, including Ida Mantashi and Mandy Long, will be promoting this news at HIMSS17. Attendees can learn more about Modernizing Medicine at booth #4545 during exhibit hours from February 20-22, 2017.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with a suite of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase efficiency and improve outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery, rheumatology and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Modernizing Medicine is a member of CommonWell Health Alliance.**
Health 2.0 is the premiere showcase and catalyst for the advancement of new health technologies. Through a global series of conferences, thought leadership roundtables, developer competitions, pilot programs, and leading market intelligence, Health 2.0 drives the innovation and collaboration necessary to transform health and health care.
*Mission derives from Modernizing Medicine’s overall commitment to diversity and inclusion and commitment to treat all employees fairly regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
**‘CommonWell Health Alliance’ and the CommonWell logo are licensed trademarks of CommonWell Health Alliance in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone