|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2017 09:00 PM EST||
Yokogawa Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6841) announces that its subsidiary, Yokogawa United Kingdom Ltd., has received an order from the British Pipeline Agency Limited (BPA), the UK’s leading provider of engineering and operational services to the oil and gas pipeline sector, to supply a management and control system for a major multi-product fuel pipeline system. This project will replace BPA’s existing pipeline management and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170117005683/en/
The Enterprise Pipeline Management Solution (EPMS) (Graphic: Business Wire)
The pipeline system consists of three integrated multi-product fuel pipelines that, altogether, are some 650 km in length and extend from Ellesmere port in northwestern England to the country’s southeastern coast. The pipelines connect to the City of London’s major airports and are a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure,
This order is for Yokogawa’s Enterprise Pipeline Management Solution (EPMS), which will manage functions such as delivery scheduling and oil storage, and the FAST/TOOLS SCADA software, which will monitor and control the oil pipelines and related equipment such as compressors. The EPMS supplements a basic pipeline management system with specific gas and liquid applications that enable a pipeline operator to manage delivery contracts and associated logistics in a time and energy efficient manner. With the SCADA system covering monitoring and control, the EPMS will integrate the management of the SCADA data.
Yokogawa United Kingdom Ltd. will be responsible for the engineering, installation, and commissioning of these systems. Yokogawa Europe Solutions B.V., which has a wealth of oil and gas pipeline project experience, will provide support. Delivery of these systems will be completed by March 2018.
In accordance with its Transformation 2017 mid-term business plan, Yokogawa targets the entire energy supply chain. The company is strengthening its efforts to drive up sales by providing solutions for oil and gas pipelines and other midstream applications. Encouraged by its success in winning this order, Yokogawa plans to expand its control business in the midstream applications segment.
About BPA and the pipelines
BPA LTD is owned by Shell and BP and they operate the UKOP and WLWG pipeline systems, which are owned by a consortium of partners. The pipelines managed by BPA have been in operation since 1969. A strategic UK supply asset, the UKOP and WLWG systems comprise three integrated pipelines (Thames - Mersey, West London, Walton - Gatwick) that are over 650 km in length. They supply multiple types of fuel products from refineries on the Rivers Thames and Mersey to inland distribution terminals and meet over 50% of the jet fuel needs at London’s Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
Yokogawa's global network of 92 companies spans 59 countries. Founded in 1915, the US$3.7 billion company engages in cutting-edge research and innovation. Yokogawa is active in the industrial automation and control (IA), test and measurement, and aviation and other businesses segments. The IA segment plays a vital role in a wide range of industries including oil, chemicals, natural gas, power, iron and steel, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, and food. For more information about Yokogawa, please visit www.yokogawa.com.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone