|By Business Wire||
|December 14, 2016 04:11 PM EST|
TransPerfect, the world’s largest privately held provider of language and technology solutions for global business, today announced the hiring of localization industry veteran Eric Blassin as Executive Director of Technology for its Translations.com division.
Blassin brings his expertise across multiple areas to the existing Translations.com technology team, including translation management technology, website localization solutions, cloud computing, translation memory, and machine translation. Among his primary responsibilities will be helping to develop the roadmap and strategy that continues the company’s record of innovation and client-focused software development.
Having spent over two decades with Lionbridge (LIOX), Blassin served most recently as Chief Technologist and Vice President of Language Technology. During his tenure at Lionbridge, Blassin headed several worldwide groups, including teams focused on process and technology innovation, information technology, professional services, and product roadmap. He created Lionbridge’s cloud-based language technology platform through both organic development and acquisition. He also was recognized for leadership and innovation as a Lionbridge Fellow in 2006.
Blassin started his career in the International System Engineering group of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) working on software internationalization across multiple operating systems. DEC, together with Apple, Microsoft, and IBM, was at the genesis for industry standards such as Unicode.
“To welcome such a decorated professional like Eric to the TransPerfect family is a true privilege,” said Phil Shawe, Co-CEO of TransPerfect. “He brings with him a wealth of experience in the industry, and we look forward to him making a significant, positive impact on our development teams and clients.”
TransPerfect Co-CEO Liz Elting added, “Whether it’s through improving existing technologies or bringing new ones to the marketplace, the TransPerfect team has always sought to equip our clients with the best tech-enabled solutions. We’re confident that Eric will help us continue to set the bar higher, enabling our clients to achieve their global business goals.”
Blassin will be based in TransPerfect’s new Sophia Antipolis office.
With annual revenues of more than $500 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest privately held provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in over 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 3,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect’s GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify management of multilingual content. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and EN 15038 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.
- 10 millones de euros en la serie B de la ronda de financiación: Michelin invierte en la plataforma de autocaravanas Campanda
- Global Internet of Things Devices Market 2017-2021 with Samsung Electronics, Google, LG Electronics, Sony, Seiko Epson & Honeywell International Dominating - Research and Markets
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Silver Spring Networks to Present at the 29th Annual ROTH Conference
- La plateforme de médiation de données d’IoT ThingPark X d’Actility fait ses débuts avec le premier déploiement connectant l’entrepôt de RS Components au Cloud Intelligence d’IBM
- Enterprise Holdings Fraud Victim Travels to Capitol Hill to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s Office to Discuss Legislative Changes for Rental Car Industry
- $94.44 Billion Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis By Solution, Hardware, Service, Technology 2014 - 2025 - Research and Markets
- Top 5 Vendors in the Education Data Security Market from 2017 to 2021: Technavio
- NTT DATA Awarded Contract by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tradeshift Acquires IBX Business Network to Create World's Largest Business Commerce Platform
- NFS cherche à être coté en bourse Via une Fusion avec la Société Allemande Cotée en Bourse HPI AG
- Global Industrial Monitors Market to Grow at a CAGR of 2.61%, 2017-2021, with AAEON, Advantech, Hope Industrial Systems, Rockwell Automation & Siemens - Research and Markets
- Volkswagen choisit Sierra Wireless pour ses véhicules connectés de nouvelle génération
- Enquête ISACA : L'écart lié aux compétences en matière de cybersécurité rend vulnérable une organisation sur quatre pendant six mois ou plus
- Bureau Veritas présente en avant première sa nouvelle approche disruptive des essais de cybersécurité et ses nouvelles solutions de tests pour vêtements connectés au Mobile Word Congress
- Silver Spring Networks to Host Conference Call to Discuss Changes to its non-GAAP Financial Reporting on February 13
- Telehop Communications Inc. to Trade as ADYA on the TSX
- TL Plastic Surgery: "The Perfect Solution for 'V Line Shaped Face' Through TL Power V Lift"
- BravoSolution Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Applications
- Accenture Helps Australian Department of Defence Deliver New Codification System to Enhance Logistics and Supply Chain
- Panasonic: World's First*1 Organic CMOS Image Sensor with Electrically Controllable Near-Infrared Light Sensitivity
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone