|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2012 10:22 AM EST||
Go Daddy, the world’s largest provider of Web hosting, domain name registrations and new SSL Certificates, today announced Blake Irving, formerly a long time Microsoft executive and Chief Product Officer of Yahoo! Incorporated (“Yahoo”), will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), effective January 7, 2013. Irving will succeed Scott Wagner, a Member of KKR who has been serving as interim CEO since July.
“Go Daddy, the industry leader of Web hosting solutions for small and medium businesses, is poised for a promising future,” said Go Daddy Executive Chairman and Founder Bob Parsons. “Blake Irving's deep technology experience and his history of developing new cutting-edge products and leading large global teams make him an enormously compelling choice to drive Go Daddy to the next level of its domestic and global growth. Go Daddy has made great strides with Scott Wagner as CEO, and we look forward to building on that in the future.”
Go Daddy has recently been expanding its market-leading products to support its nearly 11 million customers, mostly small business customers both domestically and internationally. This summer, Go Daddy acquired Outright.com, a cloud-based financial management application and the company also formed a partnership with DudaMobile to launch mobile Website Builder, a service that automates the integration of Web and mobile sites to save businesses time and expand their customer reach.
“I’m honored for the opportunity to lead such a talented team and to be a part of such an innovative company,” Blake Irving said. “Go Daddy is and will continue to be the hub where businesses can come to life, grow and prosper. We strive to be the global resource that fuels success for countless entrepreneurs and innovators around the world. As a long time Go Daddy customer, I have seen firsthand an organization that is committed to its customers 24 hours a day and seven days a week and yet there still remains much more we can do to enhance the customer experience. This is a fantastic opportunity, and I can’t wait to hit the ground running in January.”
"Go Daddy is fortunate to have Blake Irving join the team for the next chapter in his long time career as an innovator," said Scott Wagner, Go Daddy's Interim CEO. "I’m thrilled for Blake and I am thrilled for Go Daddy. We have good momentum on product and our international growth and having someone with Blake’s talent and character lead the company will only accelerate it.”
About Blake Irving
Blake Irving has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Go Daddy, effective January 7, 2013, and will also join the Go Daddy Board of Directors.
Irving most recently served as Chief Product Officer at Yahoo! Incorporated, where he developed and rolled out the unified product vision and strategy – growing the company to nearly one billion active PC and mobile users. Prior to Yahoo, he spent 15 years at Microsoft, serving in various senior roles, most recently as Corporate Vice President of the Windows Live Platform. While at Microsoft, Irving was responsible for creating and leading a global development and operations organization of more than 4,000 employees in the creation and operation of Microsoft’s global online services, launching several new products, including MSN Messenger and growing Hotmail from 7 million to 290 million users.
Mr. Irving currently serves on the Board of GolfLogix, a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based mobile Web company. He has also served as a professor at Pepperdine University. He is a graduate of San Diego State and received an MBA degree from Pepperdine University.
To find out more about how to get online easily and affordably, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Read why our customers recommend Go Daddy.
About Go Daddy
Go Daddy is the world's largest domain name provider, Web hosting provider and new SSL certificate provider, focused on helping small businesses grow larger. Go Daddy provides dozens of cloud-based services and is the largest worldwide mass-market hosting provider by annual revenue according to 451 Research (Mass-Market Hosting Report-Fall 2012) and is the #1 provider of net-new SSL certificates for 2011, according to the Netcraft, LTD Secure Server Survey. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com/PR.
- Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC -
Copyright © 2012 GoDaddy.com, LLC All Rights Reserved.
- Accelerate Learning Inc. Announces Exclusive Partnership with Twig World Ltd. to Provide 1,000+ STEM Videos Through the Award-Winning STEMscopes Online Curriculum
- Dassault Systèmes Names Raoul Jacquand CEO of GEOVIA
- Rakuten Deploys Box as Its Internal Content Sharing Platform
- RealPage Elects Kathryn V. Marinello to Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Compensation Committee
- MakeMusic Acquires Weezic
- Panasonic présente des solutions informatiques médicales innovantes conçues par Medicom au salon International Modern Hospital Show 2015
- Fiserv Clients in Asia Pacific Recognized for Excellence with Industry Awards
- Standard Chartered Saves Energy Costs, Improves Sustainability Through CommScope’s Redwood Building Intelligence Platform
- Fluidigm Revolutionizes In Vitro Modeling for Stem Cell Researchers and Cell Biologists
- Revel Systems and Zapper Partner to Dish Up Fully Integrated Mobile Payment Solution for Restaurants
- Philips Launches Brand-New Dictation App for Android
- 80 Percent of Business and Tech Leaders Say Artificial Intelligence Creates Jobs, Increases Productivity
- Stream Technologies IoT-X™ Platform Helps JT Reach Global Clients
- Research and Markets: Global Oil and Gas Data Management Market 2015-2020: Information Technology Infrastructure, Data Organization, and Service Analysis of the $21 Billion Market
- Global ICT Comes Together in Taipei for COMPUTEX
- As Enterprises Churn Out Applications, Prevoty Offers Monitoring Solution to Protect Them
- UNITED, Inc.'s SSP "AdStir" and Turn Launch RTB Integration
- CORRECTING and REPLACING T-Mobile Goes All in for LGBT Pride, Supports Events in 20 States Nationwide
- Media Alert: Gartner Announces Security & Risk Management Summit
- Research and Markets: Flat Panel Display Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2015-2020
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone