|By Business Wire||
|December 22, 2011 09:55 PM EST||
AT&T* announced today that it has received all required regulatory approvals for AT&T’s acquisition of spectrum from Qualcomm. AT&T is purchasing 700 MHz spectrum licenses covering more than 300 million people for approximately $1.9 billion.
"This spectrum will help AT&T continue to deliver a world-class mobile broadband experience to our customers," said Bob Quinn, senior vice president-Federal Regulatory, AT&T. "We appreciate the FCC Chairman, the Commissioners and their staff for completing its review before the holidays.
"As spectrum is the lifeblood of the U.S. wireless industry, we are pleased that the FCC did not reduce the spectrum screen, however, we continue to believe any changes to the process by which it is allocated should be subject to open and transparent public discussion and clear to everyone with an interest in ensuring the health of our industry."
The companies expect to close the transaction in the coming days.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at@ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
- Sai a lista de vencedores do Eutelsat TV Awards
- New GSMA Report Reveals Economic Benefits of C-band Spectrum for Mobile Broadband
- Premios SESAMES y Desafío de Start-ups: anuncian a los finalistas
- ZTE percorre toda a América com o primeiro smartphone com áudio de alta fidelidade e com seu projetor smart
- PMC-Sierra Announces Receipt of Unsolicited Proposal from Microsemi Corporation
- Adobe Data Shows 76 Percent of Online Holiday Sales Will be Spent on 1 Percent of Product SKUs
- eSE da OT Permite e Assegura Serviços de Transporte de Shenzhen em Smartphones Nubia
- Lenovo enregistre de solides résultats d'exploitation pour le 2ème trimestre de l'exercice 2015-2016
- T-Mobile Makes Calling and Texting To and From France Free for Customers
- Panasonic começará a produzir filtros de partículas diesel com revestimento catalítico*1 na nova planta em Suzhou, China
- Panasonic desenvolve diodos GaN com operações em corrente alta e uma voltagem de comutação baixa
- Keller Rohrback Investigates Data Breach at Scottrade
- Neu bei der CES 2016: eCommerce Marketplace
- Atlas Copco’s Q3 Report and Conference Call on October 20
- NTE Energy fecha financiamento para projeto de 475 MW de PJM em Ohio
- Theranos Trains 100 Global Women Leaders in STEM for State Department’s TechWomen Program
- MACOM Announces Industry’s First Surface Mount Modulator Driver for 46 Gbaud Applications
- GigOptix Announces Live 100GbE Interoperability Demo with II-VI, Inc. VCSELs at ECOC2015
- Taoglas établit un bureau de conception et de soutien à Munich et renforce son équipe en Allemagne
- Globo plc ("Globo" or "the Group") Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 2015
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone