|By Business Wire||
|December 22, 2011 09:55 PM EST||
AT&T* announced today that it has received all required regulatory approvals for AT&T’s acquisition of spectrum from Qualcomm. AT&T is purchasing 700 MHz spectrum licenses covering more than 300 million people for approximately $1.9 billion.
"This spectrum will help AT&T continue to deliver a world-class mobile broadband experience to our customers," said Bob Quinn, senior vice president-Federal Regulatory, AT&T. "We appreciate the FCC Chairman, the Commissioners and their staff for completing its review before the holidays.
"As spectrum is the lifeblood of the U.S. wireless industry, we are pleased that the FCC did not reduce the spectrum screen, however, we continue to believe any changes to the process by which it is allocated should be subject to open and transparent public discussion and clear to everyone with an interest in ensuring the health of our industry."
The companies expect to close the transaction in the coming days.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at@ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
- Research and Markets: Global IT Services Market 2014-2018 with CSC, Fujitsu, HP & IBM Dominating
- Alibaba Group Announces Strategic Investment in Shiji Information Technology
- ICF Interactive Client Bookworld Launches hybris B2C Commerce Suite Powered Site
- Nanotechnology Enters Electric Motors At LUT
- ITRI Grants Taiwan Mitsui Chemicals Exclusive License to Manufacture and Sell STOBA™
- Nimble Launches Android Smart Contacts App to Intelligently Build and Nurture Social Selling Relationships
- FireText and Constant Contact Integrate to Offer Email Marketing and SMS Text Messaging Services for UK Small Businesses
- Intel-GE Care Innovations™ to Support Dignity Health’s Integration of Remote Care Management into Standard of Care
- iQ media Sees Fourth Quarter of Growth in Expanding Media Intelligence Market
- Actifio Introduces World’s Fastest Application Data Management Solution for Cloud and Distributed Enterprises Built on Oracle
- Naspers: Results of Annual General Meeting
- Research and Markets: Over-the-Top (OTT) Internet Television: 2014 - A Detailed Analysis of a Major, Emerging Market
- Veeva to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Research and Markets: Turkey Mobile and Fixed Telecom and Pay-TV Markets Report 2014: Infrastructure Sharing and M2M Services to Support Revenue Growth
- HotLink Hybrid Express Wins Gold in Public and Hybrid Cloud Computing Category for Best of VMworld 2014 Awards
- Eight Financial Technology Startups Enter the FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific
- Pure Storage Named a Leader in Inaugural Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays
- VMworld 2014: Datacore Showcases ‘No Limits’ Virtual SAN and the Business Value of Software-Defined Storage
- Arista Networks Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Events for September
- Global Collaboration in Open Source EHRs and Mobile Health IT to be Focus at Annual Open Source Summit
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone