|By Business Wire||
|December 22, 2011 09:55 PM EST||
AT&T* announced today that it has received all required regulatory approvals for AT&T’s acquisition of spectrum from Qualcomm. AT&T is purchasing 700 MHz spectrum licenses covering more than 300 million people for approximately $1.9 billion.
"This spectrum will help AT&T continue to deliver a world-class mobile broadband experience to our customers," said Bob Quinn, senior vice president-Federal Regulatory, AT&T. "We appreciate the FCC Chairman, the Commissioners and their staff for completing its review before the holidays.
"As spectrum is the lifeblood of the U.S. wireless industry, we are pleased that the FCC did not reduce the spectrum screen, however, we continue to believe any changes to the process by which it is allocated should be subject to open and transparent public discussion and clear to everyone with an interest in ensuring the health of our industry."
The companies expect to close the transaction in the coming days.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at@ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.
- Oberthur Technologies é Reconhecida como a Nº 1 em Inovação em Pagamentos pela ABI Research
- Oberthur Technologies ist laut ABI Research der führende Anbieter innovativer Zahlungslösungen
- Accelerate Learning Inc. Announces Exclusive Partnership with Twig World Ltd. to Provide 1,000+ STEM Videos Through the Award-Winning STEMscopes Online Curriculum
- CareView Communications Announces $40 Million Financing Transaction with PDL BioPharma
- AOL and Microsoft Expand Global Enterprise-Level Partnership
- Dassault Systèmes Names Raoul Jacquand CEO of GEOVIA
- Rakuten Deploys Box as Its Internal Content Sharing Platform
- RealPage Elects Kathryn V. Marinello to Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Compensation Committee
- MakeMusic Acquires Weezic
- Standard Chartered Saves Energy Costs, Improves Sustainability Through CommScope’s Redwood Building Intelligence Platform
- Philips Launches Brand-New Dictation App for Android
- 80 Percent of Business and Tech Leaders Say Artificial Intelligence Creates Jobs, Increases Productivity
- Harris Corporation Completes Acquisition of Exelis
- Stream Technologies IoT-X™ Platform Helps JT Reach Global Clients
- Research and Markets: Global Oil and Gas Data Management Market 2015-2020: Information Technology Infrastructure, Data Organization, and Service Analysis of the $21 Billion Market
- Global ICT Comes Together in Taipei for COMPUTEX
- As Enterprises Churn Out Applications, Prevoty Offers Monitoring Solution to Protect Them
- UNITED, Inc.'s SSP "AdStir" and Turn Launch RTB Integration
- CORRECTING and REPLACING T-Mobile Goes All in for LGBT Pride, Supports Events in 20 States Nationwide
- Research and Markets: Flat Panel Display Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2015-2020
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Zynga’s FarmVille Becomes Largest and Fastest Growing Social Game Ever
- TimeTrade Releases “Click to Schedule” Module for Drupal
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Kaavo Releases Web Application for Easy Access to Cloud Computing
- IBC 2009 Exhibitor Profiles
- Boost Mobile Ofrece Nuevos Telefonos Celulares Sin Contrato Sobre La Red Nacional De Sprint Con El Plan Mensual Sin Límite
- Zmanda and Sun Partner to Provide Cloud Backup
- VMware Virtualization on the iPhone